January 8, 2013

Wild Honey II

Remember Wild Honey's no-photo policy? I haven't been back since my first visit in late 2010, and it's good to see that they've revised that ridiculous rule. But the all-day breakfast joint continues to attract snaking lines of people on weekends.
P1021012e
A flat white for me, and a cappuccino for the friend. Just your average cup of joe.
P1021023e
Maybe it's just my sense of wanderlust, I like how the items on the menu are named after distant places. Egg Benedict may be an ubiquitous mainstay on brunch menus, but it sounds a lot more memorable when called a European breakfast, doesn't it?

Wild Honey's Belgian breakfast ($22++) is dished up with a tropical twist. Ditch the maple syrup- it ain't as fragrant as it ought to be. Instead, savor the dish with the aromatic coconut creme patisserie sandwiched between the thick Belgian waffles. Grilled mango chunks and a flourish of nutty toasted coconut flakes complete the vibrant melagne of flavors. Now, if only there was more of that luscious coconut cream..
P1021027e
D liked his Tunisian ($22++)- a sizzling pan of spicy shakshouka with chorizo sausage and two fried eggs, paired with buttery brioche and Israeli salad.
P1021032e
C had the Norwegian ($26++)- smoked salmon eggs Benedict on wholewheat brioche, with avocado, asparagus spears and pearls of salmon roe.

As with my previous visit, I found the food at Wild Honey to be just decent. I'm not too sure if the cafe's rustic and cozy ambience justifies a $30 splurge on overpriced eggs, but I certainly wouldn't wait half an hour to brunch there on weekends. Then again, the aura of all-day breakfast is ever-enticing...

333A Orchard Road
Mandarin Gallery #03-02
Tel: +65 62353900
Hours: 9am-9pm (Sun-Thurs), 9am-10pm (Fri, Sat and evening of PH)

8 comments:

  1. What's that funny latte art? I just can't make out! ●^o^●

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like an upside down bird or dragonfly! :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha i suppose that's possible. you have a pretty good imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Their brioche looks enticing as usual~

    ReplyDelete
  5. @oysterdiaries tried a small bite and it was yummy! gonna get a dish with brioche next time :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favourite is still their European, tho I'm not a big fan of the service.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @dirtystall will try that next time! not very fond of their service either- i don't like having to order at the counter and my friends and i were 'chased' out after just an hour, even though there wasn't a line outside.

    ReplyDelete